Effective from: May 1st, 2023
We provide important information for California residents in the NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS section below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Account registration details, including information you provide when creating an account or signing up for events, such as your birthdate and the event you registered for.
- Recipient information, including the name, delivery address, and phone number of those for whom you purchase an item or gift. Please ensure you have permission before purchasing a gift or sharing their contact information with us.
- User profile information, such as your username and password, as well as your interests and preferences.
- Communication data, including questions, feedback, survey responses, or other correspondence with us.
- Promotional information, such as your email address, contact details, and preferences for receiving marketing communications about our activities, events, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Transaction data, including your order history and information needed to process and fulfill your order, such as order details, billing address, and delivery address.
Data from other sources:
We may also collect information about you from:
- Business partners, such as advertising and joint marketing partners.
- Data providers, including information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, like blogs, forums, or social media platforms.
- Third-party platforms, if you choose to log in to the Sites via a platform like Google or Facebook or connect your account on the third-party platform to your account through the Sites.
Automatic collection: We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity on or through the Sites, including:
- Device information, like your operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited prior to our site, and general location data.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, time spent on a page or screen, navigation paths, your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Referrals: Service users may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing user, ensure you have permission to provide their contact information to us before submitting a referral.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service Provision. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate, and enhance the Service, including facilitating purchases of products and services listed on the Sites.
- Create and maintain your account on the Service.
- Communicate with you about the Service, including sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Offer customer support and maintenance for the Service.
- Facilitate your login to the Sites via third-party platforms, such as Google and Facebook.
- Enable security features of the Sites, including sending security codes via email or SMS and remembering devices you have previously used for logging in.
Direct Marketing. If you are an existing customer of Laboosh (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use your personal information to send you marketing communications about Laboosh products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted out). Otherwise, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use your provided information and other data from Laboosh products or services, such as your interactions with our website and/or apps, to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our website and/or apps associated with your account. You will have the ability to opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Your Options section below.
Research and Development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including analyzing and enhancing the Service and our business.
Creating Anonymous Data. We may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data records from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including analyzing and improving the Service and promoting our business.
Legal Compliance and Safety. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Fraud Prevention, Compliance, and Security. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With Your Consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service providers. Companies and individuals that offer services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as order fulfillment, shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management services, returns handling, and risk and fraud mitigation).
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies that gather information about your activity on the Site and other online services to assist us in advertising our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
Third-party platforms. Social media and other third-party platforms that you connect to the Service, for example, when you use options to access the Service by logging into a social media platform. Please be aware that we do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
The public. Other users of the Service and the public when you disclose personal information for public use. For instance, if you write a review for a product you purchased, we will display your name alongside the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be cautious that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured, or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have the opportunity to edit or remove it.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, when necessary in the course of the professional services they provide to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or for the compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes detailed above.
Business transferees. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
In this section, we outline the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your account information. If you have registered for an account with us, you can review and update specific personal information in your account profile by logging into your account.
Opting out of marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email. You will still receive service-related and other non-marketing emails. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you can opt out of receiving further marketing text messages by replying STOP to our marketing message.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Privacy settings and location data. Users of our App can disable our access to their device’s precise geolocation in their mobile device settings.
Choosing not to share your personal information. If you choose not to provide information that we require to offer the Service, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or certain features. We will inform you what information you must provide to receive the Service when we request it.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you decide to create an account through or connect the Service with another third-party platform, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you log in to the Service using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Additionally, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service after you have connected your accounts.
OTHER WEBSITES, APPS, AND SERVICES
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites and online services. These links do not represent an endorsement or affiliation with any third party. Furthermore, our content may appear on web pages or online services not associated with us. We do not have control over third-party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Different websites and services follow distinct rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is crucial to us. We implement various organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect. However, there is an inherent risk in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
GLOBAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our company is based in the United States and may engage service providers in other countries. Consequently, your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside your state, province, country, or governmental jurisdiction, where privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in your jurisdiction.
Our Service is not designed for use by children under 16 years of age, and we do not intentionally collect information about children under 16 through our Service. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child without obtaining consent from the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will promptly delete that information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal – Privacy
2945 Townsgate Road
Thousand Oaks, California CA 91361
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: 1 May, 2023
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your Personal Information for the following business and commercial purposes:
Providing, predicting, or performing, including creating, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
Responding to your requests, communicating with you about our services and content, providing product information, servicing your requests and orders, and providing you with the applicable services, features, or functionality associated with your submission(s).
Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you promotional or marketing communications, which may include contests, promotions, and special offers for products and services.
For internal business purposes, such as optimizing our services, evaluating the popularity of content or effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and otherwise for general administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes.
Understanding your use of our services and improving or customizing our services and the content, offerings, or advertisements you see on our platform.
Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules, and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, ourselves, and other third parties.
We collect and process your Sensitive Personal Information for undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality of our Services, or enhance our Services; personalizing, advertising, and marketing our Services; and conducting analytics and data analysis.
We will not use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We gather Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. Examples include when you create an account on our platform, communicate with us in any manner, sign up for newsletters or alerts, opt-in for SMS messages, join product waitlists, participate in contests or promotions, order our products, submit reviews, questions, feedback, or user comments, complete voluntary surveys, contact customer service, or interact with our services in any other way.
Operating systems and platforms. We automatically collect information about the computer or device you use to access our services, such as your IP address, mobile device identifiers, browser and operating system types, and device and browser settings.
Advertising networks. We work with ad networks, such as Google, to display advertisements across the internet. These advertisers utilize cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies to gather information about your online activity and provide online behavioral advertising.
Social networks. If you connect to our services through a third-party social network like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, we may collect personal information from your profile, such as your name, username, and email address.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your Personal Information for no longer than necessary or allowed, considering the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to establish retention periods include: (i) the duration of our ongoing relationship with you and the provision of Services to you; (ii) any legal obligations we are subject to; and (iii) whether retention is advisable considering compliance with laws (for example, concerning applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law grants our users who are California residents the ability to request and receive a list of any personal information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, as well as the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests can be made once per year per person, must be sent to [email protected], and are provided free of charge. However, we do not disclose personal information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The CPRA grants California residents the following rights:
Right to Know: You can request that we disclose specific information about the Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you during the relevant time period. This may include a request to know any or all of the following:
– Categories of Personal Information collected about you;
– Categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
– Categories of Personal Information that we have sold, shared, or disclosed about you for a business purpose;
– Categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose;
– Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information; and
– Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we have collected and maintained about you during the relevant time period.
Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. If you request deletion of your Personal Information, we may deny your request or retain certain elements of your Personal Information if it is necessary for us or our service providers to:
– Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between our business and you.
– Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
– Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
– Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
– Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
– Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
– Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
– Comply with a legal obligation.
– Otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Right to Opt-In to Financial Incentives: You have the right to opt-in to financial incentives. You also have the right to opt-out at any time. Please see the “Notice of Financial Incentive(s)” section below for more information about the financial incentive(s) and/or price or service difference(s) that we may offer.
Right to Opt-Out/In: You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to opt-in to the sale or sharing of Personal Information. Please see our Notice of Right to Opt-Out on our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page for more information about your opt-out/in rights.
Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be subjected to discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your CPRA privacy rights. Unless allowed by the CPRA, we will not:
– Deny you goods or services.
– Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
– Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
– Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information about you. Once we receive and verify your request, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate Personal Information about you.
Right to Opt-Out of Automated Decision Making: You have the right to opt-out of the use of automated decision-making technology, including profiling.
Right to Access Information about Automated Decision Making: You have the right to request access to and information about how automated decision technologies work and what their likely outcomes are.
Right to Restrict or Limit: You have the right to restrict the use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information to certain purposes related to the offering of goods or services as listed in the CPRA, other than those that are commercially necessary or as otherwise authorized by the CPRA. To exercise this right, please see our “Notice of Right to Opt-Out” on our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page for more information about your opt-out/in rights.
SUBMITTING A VERIFIED CONSUMER REQUEST
To exercise your rights outlined above, you must provide us with enough information to allow us to verify your identity and describe your request with enough detail that enables us to correctly understand, assess, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by:
Emailing us at [email protected].
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. The verifiable consumer request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with at least two (2) pieces of information, such as name and email address.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.